Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Show Review- The Quakes

The Quakes played Reggies in Chicago in an awesome show on May 9th. The opening bands were Boneyard Brawlers, Pearls Mahone and the One-Eyed Jacks, Curtains and Three Blue Teardrops, all out of Chicago. I didn't get there in time to see Boneyard Brawlers but I'm sure they were good as always. Pearls Mahone touches my heart with her amazing voice... I have no love for the Curtains but they seem to be improving.
Three Blue Teardrops is one of the better known Rockabilly bands out of Chicago and they were phenomenal. The guitar playing was unreal and the crowd really got into it.
The Quakes of course were the many reason most of us were there and they didn't disapoint. They played with incredible energy and stage presence and seemed to really be enjoying themselves, rather than just trying to use up their time on stage. I was very impressed with the drummer who put a lot of energy and charisma into the show, along with undeniable talent.
They played some new songs and old favorites. I was hoping for Throw it All Away and Living on Planet 9 but was very happy they played my favorite, and probably their best known song, USA Psychos. Probably the song they played the best was Send Me An Angel, which was amazing live.
It was definitely a show I would have been very sorry to have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment