Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Album Review- Psycho Ward Vol. 2

This is one of my absolute favorite albums at the moment for several reasons, not the least of which is that it features a great song by one of my favorite bands at the moment, Goddamn Gallows. I saw them last year and have been hooked ever since. The song, Everybody Dies, is constantly stuck in my head. The entire cd is great though, and a very good mix of Rockabilly and Psychobilly. Other really standout tracks to me are Alcohol King by the Starlight Wranglers, Til Death Do Us Part by Sik Luv, Sniffin' Glue by Twistin Tarantulas and Bloodfeast by Pickled Punx. There is very little filler and I was happy to see that most of this compilation featured less well-known bands. Most people into the music would probably already have songs by the better known bands on some album at home so I really appreciated that there were very few of the bigger name bands on this disk at all. Of course I couldn't complain that Phenomenauts, Phantom Rockers and Rocketz and Calavera were featured. I highly recommend getting this disk. It hasn't left my player in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment